Look what I can do!
Emma decided that she was ready to ride her bike. I wasn't as convinced, but since I was a supportive mom I told her that we could "practice" riding her bike.
At first, she was all over the place. This bike is a 12 inch bike. I am bending down holding on to her bike and handlebars and trying to keep up with her. We do this for about 5 minutes and I told her that she should practice her balance on the scooter, and so I can take a break for my back.
She rides her scooter for 5 minutes and says that she is ready to ride her bike again. So we try again, and again she is all over the place. She decides to go faster, but I told her I can't keep up with her bending over on her bike. Then I realize (aha) that I was slowing her down and I was not letting her go fast enough to get her balance.
So we try again. This time I told Emma to ride faster and that I will let go. She does and takes off. She stops, gets off her bike and runs back to give me a big hug with a huge smile on her face. A moment to remember. She was so proud of herself. She spent the rest of the afternoon practicing riding her bike. Oh, and I must mention that Ethan helped her learn how to ride her bike from a start position. She is on the go!

At first, she was all over the place. This bike is a 12 inch bike. I am bending down holding on to her bike and handlebars and trying to keep up with her. We do this for about 5 minutes and I told her that she should practice her balance on the scooter, and so I can take a break for my back.
She rides her scooter for 5 minutes and says that she is ready to ride her bike again. So we try again, and again she is all over the place. She decides to go faster, but I told her I can't keep up with her bending over on her bike. Then I realize (aha) that I was slowing her down and I was not letting her go fast enough to get her balance.
So we try again. This time I told Emma to ride faster and that I will let go. She does and takes off. She stops, gets off her bike and runs back to give me a big hug with a huge smile on her face. A moment to remember. She was so proud of herself. She spent the rest of the afternoon practicing riding her bike. Oh, and I must mention that Ethan helped her learn how to ride her bike from a start position. She is on the go!



Comments