Kitchen Paint Take 2

Ok, this painting project hasn't been as easy as I thought it would be! Maybe I am too picky! I finished repainting the blue wall, and it is the same color just a different gloss. It was matted before, but with four children, food smears, and milk stains on my wall, it had to go. I love the blue color and wanted to keep it. Now for the kitchen area...grrr...I am frustrated.
I decided to paint the kitchen a golden yellow to go with the dark blue in the dining area, but I am still slow at adapting to the color. Every time I come into my kitchen, I think the light is on, but it's the paint reflecting off the white cupboards, that just doesn't seem right. Then I discovered that the wall underneath the cupboards is some plastic, vinyl covering that paint doesn't stay on! That's not a fish on my wall, it was me trying to see what was underneath the covering!!!

As you can see the paint can come off quite easily with your fingernail, my daughter showed me. So now we need to replace the lower part of the wall with paintable covering! Another kitchen project!

Comments

Denise said…
Oh no!

I hate when things like that go wrong!

But, I do love the blue!
Heather said…
Charlene, The blue turned out great and I still LOVE the yellow! This is just a minor setback....when it's done it will look great! Hang in there.
the mom~ said…
Yikes! I like the colors though!

Popular Posts