April 25, 2008


We were gone for the weekend and this is what we came home to. I am told that we had more on Friday/Saturday but it has melted since then. I am not going to say anything about our weather, but only document a rare occurance I am told. I went out to shovel the snow and couldn't believe how much we had and knowing that their was much more!

This is the front steps to our porch! I had snow drifts as high as my waist, and I am told that they were much higher because of the wind. We received about 18 inches of snow!

A view of our maple tree and out to the neighborhood! I am curious why most of the snow came on my yard than my neighbors? They didn't have as much snow drifts as our yard did.

Snow that I shoveled on the side of our house. Emma and her friend, Kamiryn are standing by the snow to show how much we received! They couldn't believe that it almost reached their shoulders!

After shoveling, can finally see the sidewalk!

A view of the front of our house, and the snow is melting....finally!





Comments

cinnamon said…
BRRRRRRRRRR!! I'm getting cold just looking at your pics!! I don't miss these kind of days at all!!
the mom~ said…
Yeah, it pretty much SUCKS!
Denise said…
Holy crap.

This is just one of the MANY reasons we do not live in Minnesota!
Lara said…
It was 85° and humid here in VA on Friday...I would have to say April 25th didn't live up to its billing of the "perfect date" either here or there!

I forgot how long winter really lasts there, although I would have to say that my kids are jealous of your snow as we had no snow to speak of this winter.
Kim said…
Seriously!! Now I am not feeling so bad about living here!!

Popular Posts