I love my daughter. I especially love the way she is sooo creative, especially when it comes to dressing herself. She says that she loves to put on her favorite things. Boots (essential), tights, skirts, and sweaters. I thought about the word, "favorite". Why do you ask? Because, one thing that I know about myself is that I don't have a favorite anything. I like a lot of things, try new things, go back to old things, etc...
For example, as we get ready for our next move, we discussed with our realtor what changes could we make to our home to make it more sellable. He suggest repainting and retouching around the house. I call my brother, Kyle, to come up and help me with my "painting project." He agrees. (he, he, he) We decide that my bedroom could use a fresh coat of paint. We decide to stay with the same color and it turned out beautifully.
The next big task was to repaint all the white trim on the main floor. The trim is beautiful, but their are a lot of nooks and crannies that make painting them difficult. Luckily, with three people working on it, we manage to finish the trim in record time.
I told my brother, that we were done painting, and he was relieved until I entered the kitchen.... Now many of you remember the dilemma that I had to find a color that would match my dark blue dining room. I loved the color that I picked, but lately I started feeling the kitchen was a bit dark. I wanted some more light in my kitchen. Something to brighten me when I entered the kitchen with the deep, deep, deep, arctic cold flurrying outside. I did what any crazy person would do, I decided to repaint the kitchen. I already had all the paint supplies, I just needed a new color to paint. Back to the drawing board, battling out the colors, and deciding which color will go with the dark blue paint. The results.....
We decided to put a boarded panel underneath the cabinets and the "magic spell" blue paint on top. It really brings the light into the kitchen, very springy, (which I needed at this time) very bright, and very sunny. I know that I am crazy for changing the color again. It was a last minute decision and I discovered that color is based on my moods. I don't have a favorite color, and I like all the colors in the rainbow. (I have had three of them on my kitchen wall).
I then realized that my daughter and I are not so different after all. We like many things, new, old, recycled....





Comments
PS Tell Emma I think her outfit is cute!
Tell Emma that Grandpa agrees with her: one must go with their favorites - - - what looks good to you. Plus, I guess that your mom did that with your kitchen.
Love,
Grandpa Belisle aka RogCat