Day 5 Great News

I love good news, great news, fabulous news!! It puts a smile on my face. Who doesn't like to hear good news now and then. Good news is when you realize that you don't have cavities at a dentist office. Great news is when you find out your husband is finally done with his college experience. Fabulous news is when you find out you are pregnant. (don't go there, not happening).
Today Roger called me from work to inform me that he has a job interview out in.....drum roll please.....Michigan!!!
This was great news. After deciding to quit his other job to try his hand in teaching, we were only able to get a one year fixed term at St. Cloud State University. I had a lot to learn about trusting the Lord and having faith that it will work out if we follow his counsel. Roger has had a great experience teaching the students there and has been very happy being in that environment.
So this may be the next chapter of our lives. This is a tenure-track nine month contract, which means PERMANENT....of course, after so many years. (if you understand the tenure-track lingo!) It is a small town north of Grand Rapids called Big Rapids. I am hoping to be able to go and take a look at where we might end up.
This was a great way to end my happiness week.

Comments

Lori said…
Just a sec for some selfish sadness...and then...YAY!!! WooHoo! I am so excited for you. I will keep you guys in my prayers.
Lara said…
Yay! That means you could be moving a little closer to me.
Fleming Family said…
Oh, good luck with this prospect. What a blessing that you will only have to move once (even though you've had to keep your house clean for how long now?) I hope everything works out for you! Seriously, good luck and we'll be praying for you!
Kim said…
Yeah I am excited for you guys. Let me know how it is going!
cinnamon said…
No, not Michigan!! That's even farther away!! You're suppose to come here!! JK!! Tell Roger god luck on the interview and I hope things work out well!!
Anonymous said…
I'm with Cinnamon on this one! This way, this way :0) No really, good luck Rog. Hope he finds a permanant job soon! Who knows what plans our Heavenly Father has for you guys. You guys will be in our prayers. When is it then?
Heather said…
Oh you KNOW that I don't want you to go anywhere....but I also KNOW that you gotta go where your family needs to be. I will pray for everything to work out for your family!
Nae said…
This is wonderful news! I know Roger will ROCK the interview! Keep us posted on the results. I know how anxious you are to have your family in the same physical location again. We'll keep you all in our prayers. BTW, I found your happiness week very inspirational and I am also trying to focus on all the blessings in my life. Thank you!
michelle said…
Hey Charlene, I have finally looked at your blog, I sent you a email of how close will be I would be excited. More excited if Roger would interview with the colleges here there's lots of them in my area. And lots of houses that have been repossed close by so you could live close by for cheap. Love the pictures.

Popular Posts