Act of Kindness...

Roger left work this morning in a not so pleasant winter storm. I was so nervous the whole time he drove the 1 and 45 minute drive to work until he called and said that he made it safely. We were deciding whether or not have him drive last night to avoid the storm, or take his chances and drive this morning. While he was deciding, I am in bed upset with the whole situation and thinking about the next morning. The kids will get up and find that daddy left the night before without saying good-bye. I can hear Blake upset with everything in life from not being able to put his gloves on to feeling rushed to get to the bus stop on time. I can see Caleb, constantly asking, "Where daddy go, where daddy go?" Emma keeps everything internal and Ethan is getting so grown up he would have understood, but wouldn't like it.
After deciding for 15 minutes, Roger decided to take his chances and drive in the morning. I was glad, but worried for him. Would he make it safe to work? Today was the first day of classes. He needed to be there. He said that he wanted to spend the morning with his family and that it will all work out. He was right. This morning all the kids happen to get up early (6:30) and had some daddy time before he left for work. It was great that one simple act of kindness made my week and the kids as well.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Glad to hear he made it safely, that is good the kids got to see him one more time before he had to leave. Even if it is only for a short time, it makes a difference. It's the quality of time rather than the quantity that matters. Hang in there, we love you guys!!!
Denise said…
Great post Char. I don't think often enough about all that Troy does for us as true acts of kindness. But, obviously, I really should.

That Roger. He's a keeper.
Lara said…
I agree with Denise...you did marry well!
the mom~ said…
I am thnakful Roger made it safely to work and had family time :)
Lori said…
I am so glad he made it safely to work. I keep praying you all will be able to live in the same town again. Any job prospects yet??
Falla said…
I'm glad Roger got to work safely. Sometimes we need to be reminded that little acts of kindness can up lift so much our lives.

Just to let you know it took me one hour and thirty minutes to get home last night.
However, I got home safe and that is what counts.

Popular Posts