Threading....

Some of you knew yesterday that I was home all day wearing my jammies!! No, I wasn't sick and none of my children were sick. It was cold yesterday. I had no place to go so I was very glad to be home. I also know that when the cold weather starts coming I don't like being out there and find any reason to stay in my warm home....and it's not even "cold" here yet! brrr....
Yesterday I decided that since I was home I better get started on some of my Christmas gifts. Knowing myself and how I am notorious for waiting till the last minute -stress-out-vowing never to do this again-why did I do this to myself, decided that I better get to work. I am making these cute snowman bags for my nieces...

Emma saw me working on them and asked what I was doing. I told her that I was sewing these bags for her cousins and if she wanted to learn how to sew.

She agreed and went to work right away. She practiced "threading" (it's what she kept calling it) and cut out her own shapes to thread around. She did a duck, a rocking horse and a purple Christmas tree. Not bad for a beginner.

We worked on it all afternoon, and I got two bags done and Emma finished her projects. Today she wants to go a step further and make dresses out of the fabric for her dolls. Yikes! Wish me luck!

Comments

Lori said…
You have "threaded" a mighty cute bag. Way to go. I wish I could "thread" as well as you do.
Nae said…
The bags are adorable! Plus Emma has the workings of a wonderful seamstress!
Lara said…
Holy cow...those are SO cute! And what a good job Emma did making her own. It totally sounds like something my Emma would do too.

Popular Posts