Music of the Night...


It was no Phantom of the Opera, but I thought the 5th/6th grade orchestra band did awesome.
Ethan loves playing the violin, even though getting him to practice is challenging most days. The violin seems to come very natural to him and I love hearing him practice in our home.

He has a few friends that are in the band with him that love the violin/cello/bass as much as he does.
practicing before the big concert tonight...
This is Ethans second year playing the violin and with practice he is getting better and better at it. Their part lasted 10 minutes, but it was well-played. I am very proud of Ethan and the hard work he puts into his practice. It paid off tonight Great job Ethan!!!

Comments

Falla said…
Wow Ethan!I didn't know you can play a violin!

Comment by your cousin Gabe
Falla said…
Congratulations Ethan!!! I wish I was there to hear you play. Would you like to bring the violin at Christmas time to my home and play some songs for me? Love violin music my grandson the next Vivaldi!!!
Lara said…
I've been to A LOT of these kind of concerts and each one is a moment of pride as I hear my own child play...and then one of boredom for the rest of the hour and a half. : ) Great job Ethan!
cinnamon said…
Great job Ethan!! The violin is one of my favorite instruments to hear!! Char, do you have any video footage of him playing?? I would love to hear him!! Even if it is over the phone!!
the mom~ said…
Awwww...when I took him to scouts that night I asked him if he liked playing and he said he loved it. That made my heart warm :)
Anonymous said…
Good job Ethan!!! Elijah says that is really cool. We'd love to see you play sometime. Maybe if we come for a visit soon, you can show us your songs.

Popular Posts