GWA

I get to do something this weekend that I haven't done in a long time. Actually the last time I did this was when Emma was one! I get to go away for the weekend by myself. Along with that I get to hang out with some dear old friends. (not old in age, but in years of acquaintances) This picture was the last time we saw each other right after we had our babies. I am hoping to replace it with a better one this weekend.
Why are these friends so dear to me? Because I have known them so long. My longest friend, Michelle, I have known for 17 years, but these guys are next.
My friend Kim, purple dress, was my roommate in college back at BYU. I remember my other roommates telling me that I had a blond, "engaged", from CA roommate. I rolled my eyes. Great, I was thinking. I'll never be friends with her. We have nothing in common. Boy, am I glad that I was wrong. We became instant friends and have been through baptisms, weddings, blessings, births, moving,camping, vacations, the highs and the lows and friends together ever since.
My friend, Tammy, purple shirt, I met soon after Roger and I got married. We met at a Volleyball game at church. Trust me, I only played to make some friends you don't want me on your team! Tammy and her husband came over and we just hit it off so well that we were inseparable until the day we moved. When we moved back, we continued like we never left. We also have enjoyed our shares of games, camping, births of babies, scrapbooking, pedicures, and friends.
Sue, (white shirt) is Rogers sister. She has been a sister to me since the day we met. Sue and Paul are close family to us and we love that our children enjoy being with each other. When we get together, we can talk, talk and talk. We share everything. Sue is very thoughtful and kind, funny, and crazy too. I enjoy being with her. We also have had our shares of games, camping, vacations, movies, moving, births, weddings, and living close to one another.
Why am I sharing all this? Because they are good people, good friends and I love them. I may not have a lot of friends, but I do cherish and love the ones that I have. Starting this blog, I have been blessed to be reacquainted with friends that I lost contact with and given a second chance to be their friend. I am very grateful with the friends that I have here now. They are fun, funny, silly, helpful, caring, understanding friends that I will cherish always.
I didn't plan on writing a sobbing feelly blog, but it just seemed like the right thing to do.

Comments

the mom~ said…
Have a wonderful time Cahrlene, you deserve to get away and have some YOU time. Praying for safe travels, an awesome time and for Roger with the lids, LOL.
Denise said…
Have so much fun!!!!
Heather said…
I don't think we could quite make it through life without our girlfriends. I'm so happy for your GWA....good for you. And have fun! I'll pray for your flight anxiety...I have a really hard time too!
Nae said…
How wonderful for you Charlene! Our friends keep us sane and help recharge our batteries. I hope your weekend is truly memorable!
Lara said…
Have a wonderful time!

Popular Posts