One lost but not forgotten

It was a good pea plant. Growing so well and producing beautiful flowers. It was lost to us today.....eaten by a bunny. We will miss this plant and all the peas it would have produced. It was survived by other pea plants.......





roma tomatoes.....

cucumbers, sweet corn


pumpkins, and green beans.

I had the boys chase the bunny out of the garden, but it was too late. Ethan remembered me putting pieces of soap around the garden last year. We did it again, but I am not sure if it works. Does anyone know if that actually works or have another idea for me?

Comments

Lara said…
I have an evil gerbil you could borrow for the job.
Charlene said…
Thanks! I'll keep that in mind!:)
Fleming Family said…
My mom said "blood meal" works for deer...I'm not sure about rabbits. You could check into it though. She said you can buy it at the store. I'd use gloves...you never know what kind of disease is in that blood these days. :)

Good luck!
cinnamon said…
Fox urine is effective in repelling wild rabbits, and it can be found in most sporting goods stores. Although it is effective, fox urine is quite expensive. If you have a large piece of property, it would probably be more economical to buy rabbit repellent from your local garden center. Rabbit repellent tastes very bad, and therefore causes rabbits to avoid areas that have been sprayed. Rabbit repellents should be reapplied after heavy periods of rain or snow.
Anonymous said…
I have heard that human hair will keep any wild animals away from any area. Like from a boys hair cut or something, just sprinkle around the outside of the garden. Couldn't hurt to try, cheap too!! Good Luck!!

Popular Posts