Life at home

Life at home is grand. I try to keep my children busy by taking them to places, but sometimes it is nice to be home and relax. Children are amazing. I can't believe how creative their minds can be. For example........


Ethan is our little entrepreneur. I remember when he was five years old that he wanted to collect rocks and sell them to our neighbors. I try to be encouraging, but at the same time who wants to buy rocks from him? Motivated by money, Ethan wanted to try. Since he wasn't allowed to leave our block, he only had a few neighbors to ask. To my surprise, he came home with $5 dollars! Last year he wanted to have a toy/yard sale. I told him that was fine as long as he didn't sell any of his brothers or sister toys. He made $20 dollars. This kid has a gift. So a few days ago, he stepped it up and decided to have a lemonade stand. He came up with the idea and put it into place. He did pretty well, considering we don't live in a busy street and only a few stop by. He loves to sell!!


Another favorite thing that happens in our home is reading. I love to read, but I especially love to see my children read. It is also nice to see my older boys reading to the younger two. I love it!


One of my favorite stories from other bloggers is the dilemma the moms go through when their daughters reach that age when THEY decide what to wear. I finally have reached that age!! My daughter loves horses, and she loves wearing skirts, so why not put them together? Like I said, life at home can be just as fun as the places I take them......well I think so! FYI, did you notice the picture of Caleb actually smiling at the camera for me?

Comments

cinnamon said…
See, this is why I need a girl!! Good for Ethan!! Tell him to make some cookies and sell those as well!!
the mom~ said…
What an outfit she has on. It also happens with boys too, you should see the outfits Abram pulls together, LOL.
And your Ethan is rockin' with his sales, way to go Ethan!!!
Anonymous said…
That is so cute, picking her own clothes. Believe me, it gets worse. I know what you mean about the reading. I love to see them reading. Alexis is reading the Fablehaven series, she loves them. I think Ethan could sell mud if he had to, future buisness man?....
Lara said…
You're a much nicer mom than me. My kids ask to have a lemonade stand every day and I'm such a wimp, I only let them once or twice each summer.

It wasn't just my girls that went through the dress-yourself stage--my boys had it just as bad! Tell Emma I like her outfit--the camouflage and flowers are quite striking. :)

Popular Posts