Ahhhh.....summer!

Last Saturday we decided to take the children to the lake. It was a beautiful sunny day. We try to take advantage of the nice summer days. However, we discovered that along with the sunny day, it was also very, very windy. We thought the children will be ok playing in the water, but we were wrong. The only one that braved the cold windy water was Ethan, and that lasted about five minutes. The rest of the children played in the sand, and telling us how cold it was!




Since we told them they were going swimming, they were very disappointed that they couldn't go. So what do you do when the weather isn't cooperating with your plans? You head indoors. Yep, we headed to Thumper Pond Waterpark. It was the first time we were there, and we had Roger's sister Maria, and her son Mason with us. The children had a blast, and their wasn't a lot of kids around so "Crazy Mom" didn't show up.






The children loved playing in the water, and we didn't have to worry about the weather. The highlight of Ethan's day is when he convinced me to go down the water slide with him. If you know me, you know I am afraid of heights, roller coasters, and BIG slides! Anything that makes you go down fast! I have a weak stomach for it. Ethan asks me if I will go with him. I don't want to go, but I remembered how much I encourage him to try things he is afraid of, so I told him I will go down one time and that is it.
We climb the miserable two story stairs to the top of the water slide. I am starting to panic!! I ask if the slides go down fast;the life guard says not too fast. What does that mean??? We are waiting our turn, and I see a four year old going down the water slide by herself!!! I figured if a four year old can do it I can do it too. I brave the water slide screaming all the way down. It was not too fast. I was able to go three more times with my boys, and they loved it!!! I just hope they don't ask me to go on a roller coaster next!!!!!

Comments

Lori said…
You did so great!! My kids are so much braver than I am. Fun water park. You seem to know where all the fun spots are.
the mom~ said…
Hahaha! We went to TP for my birthday and Ethan made me go down the slide with him IN THE DARK!!! I about pooped myself, I was SO scared, and then at one point they spray water in your face, my no likey! LOL
Glad you guys had a nice time though!
Tammy said…
Char, you guys have such a cute family. You always manage to get out there and do something fun. YOu always have great ideas, I like that cuz it helps me come up with things to do.
Anonymous said…
I thought I was the only one who was a scare-dy-cat!!! I know how it is though, once you do it and it's not so bad you are like, "oh-- I could do that again!!"--"Maybe." My kids say they would have had lots of fun with their cousins and are sorry they couldn't be there with them. Elijah of course is at scout camp for a whole week:( Sorry Ethan for the lack of a response from your post. Miss you all. How much are plane tickets again?????..........
Lara said…
Way to go with the flow and make the best of a situation. It sounds like it still turned out to be a great day!

I've lost all my courage for big scary rides too--I don't know what's happened to me in my old age.
cinnamon said…
Haha, tell Ethan to call me and I will tell him some stories about you and roller coasters!! I would have loved to have been there to see you go down that slide!! Brady and Jacob love going down those type of slides....and they go by themselves!! I love them too!! Only part I don't like is the long climb/walk up all those stairs!!

Popular Posts