Blankey!

When my children were born, I bought each of them a matching outfit and blanket from Gymboree. I also have saved their outfit and the matching blanket for sentimental purposes. The problem: Emma is really, really, really attached to her blanket, and I want to take it away and store it before it falls apart completely.

The solution: None. She loves her blanket so much that I don't have the heart to take it away!! Who can say no to this face!!



Oh well, I hope I can at least save a scrap of it as a memory of her blanket!


fall fashion for four year olds!

Comments

Denise said…
Okay...it seems to me that I had a college roommate who loved her blankie so much...she still had to sleep with it...and in fact it was in such bad shape, she had to put it inside another blanket and be comforted by the knowledge that it was there....

hummm...does this sound familiar?
Lara said…
Ellie's blankie is also in shreds, but I would NEVER dare take it away for fear that she would never sleep again.
Anonymous said…
Okay--I am a mean mom in this department. I take away the blankies before they know what hit them, at about 2-3 the older they get the harder it is to do. I actually try to have them say bye bye to them and they put the blankie away themselves and even with some of the kids they got a toy or something to distract them. That only worked for some of them, the others I just had to hide it (really good) when they were not looking and they were upset about it at bedtime for about 3 days to a week and then forgot about it. My older kids have asked to see them, they know they will get them again when I know they will take care of them. Option #3 never take it away and let her take it to college with her :0)

Popular Posts