Back to School

Ethan and Blake went back to school yesterday. Since our vacation, we have had a hard time getting them back on a school schedule and yesterday was a rushed late morning. NOTE TO SELF: don't go on a two week vacation the weekend before school starts!
A cold brisk morning, a quick photo...
...and barely make it to the bus stop!
Blake is in the 2nd grade at Adams and Ethan is in the 5th grade at Cleveland. This year Ethan will also be attending half-day at Prairie Wetlands Learning Center. All 4th and 5th graders have an opportunity to do half their studies out in the wetlands. Ethan is excited for this program and doesn't mind that he will be in the cold weather half of the school year. I am excited to be back on schedule, no tears were shed....of course, that will change next year when Emma enters kindergarten.

Comments

cinnamon said…
How come the boys go to different schools?? Is it because of the program Ethan is in?? It looks so cold there!! BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!
Heather said…
I'll bet it is quiet at your house now. Call me to get the girls together to play. And call me if you need anything while Roger is gone. We start school on Monday.
Denise said…
Wow. What are you going to do with all your free time? hehe
Lori said…
I used to cry when my kids would ride away on the bus the first day of school. I hope you are as excited as they looked.
Anonymous said…
I know how it feels to have your kids growing up and the house getting quiter during the day. All I have on Tues/Wed/Th is Christian and Jacob too on Mon and Fri. They are growing up too fast!!! Wish I was there to enjoy the silence with you :)
Lara said…
I've forgotten how fast it gets cold there in the frozen tundra...it's still in the 90°s here. :)

Enjoy the quieter house!
Fleming Family said…
What is Ethan going to be doing in the wetlands? Do they start the kids at a new school in 5th like they do here...Middle School? That's so weird to me. It's thrown off our school plan...all the kids were supposed to be in the same school for 2 years...but now when Logan starts Kindergarten, Kaleb will be in 5th in Middle School. I'm sad about that, but maybe we'll be in Private School by then (we are not in the best school district by any means). Anyway! Enjoy your more quiet days! Won't it be sad when there are no kids left and there's no more excuses for not keeping the house spotless! :)
the mom~ said…
Awwww....your boys are getting so big. I think that program that Ethan is in is totally awesome, what a neat learning experience. And next year you will still have Caleb at home so not to worry about it being quiet, lol.
Tammy said…
Char, the kids are adorable. Too bad I haven't shown you mine for a while. I am glad everyone is doing well. Keep up your good spirits and I will blog soon for you to see how we are doing. By the way it is still warm here, no jackets, no rain, just sunshine :)
Love Ya

Popular Posts