After our fabulous trip to the Science Museum, we needed some down time with our family at home. My mom had this "great" idea that we should head down to the State Fair. I told her no at first, because how busy the fair can be, but it was kids day and they had a lot of free stuff to give to the kids. Who can say no to free stuff? We left early in the morning so it wouldn't be busy, but I think everyone had the same idea, because it was busy, and it got busier as the day went on. The kids enjoyed themselves and they did very well staying close to me.

After that experience, we stayed at my moms house and played there. My mom has a huge swimming pool and the children played in their for the whole 10 minutes they were outside-they said it was too cold!! We played games, I was able to sit down and read, "Breaking Dawn" (great book!), and ate great food.

It rained a couple of days so my brother, Kyle, and I decided to take the kids indoor somewhere. He got accepted to the U of M this fall and had to return some papers there; so we decided to make a trip down there. I have never been there so we decided to see what was available for the children. We took them to an art museum-that lasted a long 15 minutes. My children were complaining how boring it was and were not impressed with the artist painting. Caleb discovered the museum echoes and screamed his heart out while running around the open spaces (I did not bring his stroller, a major mistake). We decided to take them the Natural History Museum which I knew that they would love. Their favorite room-the see and touch room. What did they get to touch....

SNAKES!!!


Caleb is on my lap and this is his hand touching the snake!

The only person who would not get near the snake, sweet baby girl Sammi (hiding behind her daddy)

The turtle was a great hit too.

I am proud of my brother for deciding to go back to school. He will be going to a great school, and he is getting his major in graphic design. He is a great artist and I expect great things from him when he finishes school. He will be a great example to his children. Good Luck Kyle!

I was quite surprised when I got home that I didn't take more pictures. We had fun, we enjoyed being with our families, and we are glad that we are home. Tomorrow, Roger will start his new schedule of commuting to work and coming home on weekends. I am sure you will hear the highs/the lows of this temporary situation until our house sells.

Comments

Lara said…
I love science museums almost as much as my kids...although I have to admit I'm not such a fan of the touching live creatures!
Fleming Family said…
It sounds to me that you had a fabulous vacation! Good luck with Rog commuting and you having to be alone for the week. I'll pray for you! :)
the mom~ said…
Fun at the museum! And we will be praying for the situation with Roger and your house!
Tammy said…
Char, I am jelous. I didn't get to stay on vacation nearly as long as you did. It sounds like you had a lot of fun. Tell the kids hi for me and call me if you get lonely without Roger:)
michelle said…
Looks like you had fun Charlene, Yikes!!!!aren't snakes fun. Looks like its been cold in Minnesota. I miss living there but, I guess I forgot how cold it can get.

Popular Posts