Is this a tease???

My son, Caleb, is 19 months old, and for the past month is able to tell me that he has "poo poos" in his diaper. He will grab his diaper and say, "poo poos". I will check and 99% of the time he is right. My friend told me that he was ready to be potty-trained!!!! Is this a tease? The last three of my children didn't show any interest in potty-training until they were at least 3 years old!!! I am not the kind of mom that likes to spend months training them. I prefer the diapers and be done training in a day, like with Emma (she was 3 yrs 3 mos old). Caleb is not dry in the morning when he wakes up, so I am not convinced he is ready yet, or maybe it's me not ready to let go of my baby!!!! What to do??

Comments

Denise said…
I say, don't get your hopes up and go for it!

And if it doesn't work out...then he'll be that much more prepared when he is ready!
Lara said…
My Mom claims she potty trained most of us before age 2, but I imagine that it couldn't be as "independent" of a potty training as when they're older. Good luck!
the mom~ said…
IDK, I'd say no but then again Heather's daughter Dani potty trained at like 18 months...so there is hope. Try it and see. If he's not ready he's not, if he is, he is, LOL.

Popular Posts