Father's Day Retreat


For Father's Day this year, Roger wanted to go to his family cabin and have a camping trip with the family. The children were very excited to go camping, and I smiled and said, "Sure, that sounds like fun!" We arrived at the cabin and the children are all excited to see the lake and Roger was excited for the children, and all I could see was the many spider webs hanging all over the cabin!! My husband, without a word, set out to clean the cabin for me so that I could enjoy the camping trip!! What a trooper!!
The first day was windy and the lake was pretty wavy. Of course, that didn't stop the children from playing in the lake!



The next day we took the children out canoeing. Caleb did great with his life jacket and sat well in the canoe. Ethan caught his first fish for the season. No pictures taken while on the canoe. We had a bad experience with water and our video camera!!
The children getting ready to go on the canoe
The children loved being in the canoe so much that Roger tied the canoe to a log so the children pretended to go on their own canoe adventures! Towards the end of the camping trip, I started relaxing and enjoyed the camping trip with my children. The children are excited to go back again!







Comments