Home Project
We have been busy the last couple of days working on our newest project....We are finishing up the basement! We have been wanting to do this for the last couple of years, but other projects have taken its place that needed to be done first. The first thing we need to work on is putting an egress window in. We are putting another bedroom downstairs and finishing the family room. I miss my family room...it is where the children hung out all the time. Now, they are everywhere and I can't tell them to go downstairs and play!


This is where the egress window is going. We, I mean Roger, has to dig a 4 feet hole so someone can come in and work on the window area.

This is where the bedroom is going to be. Now remember this is an old, old home back in the 30s, so basements were more like dungeons or cellars. The red spot on the floor use to have a wooden room where I think they store their food and other things. I remember it smelling nasty, and telling my husband it has to go! Where we live, there is issues of water getting into your basement too. The white you see on the walls is a sealant that Roger put all over the cracks, and last year project we put a french drain all around the house. A huge project, but no water has come inside since then which is very nice.

This is where the egress window is going. We, I mean Roger, has to dig a 4 feet hole so someone can come in and work on the window area.

Pictures of the children wanting to help in their own way!
We had someone come and cut out the window and put the window for us. This is the finished project. Doesn't it look nice? I can't believe how much light it brings into our basement. Ethan is very excited (it's his room we are building).
Roger's brother is coming this weekend to help Roger build the bedroom. They "say" that it should be done in a couple of days, and that I will have my family room back. Pray for me, I mean us!






Comments