Just For Laughs

I finished working on my garden this week, and I am very excited to see how it turns out. I planted sweet corn, cucumbers, peas, carrots, green beans, and pumpkins. I wanted to plant potatoes, but when I went to Walmart they didn't have any potato seeds. I called my friend about this, and she started laughing at me. Apparently, you don't grow potatoes from seeds!!! You grow them from the eyes of actual potatoes!!! How would I know that?? I am not a farmer!! So FYI, in case you are wondering where those potato seeds are, look at your sprouted potatoes in your home.

Comments

cinnamon said…
So what do you do? Cut the eyes out of the potato and just plant it? I'm not a farmer either!!
Lara said…
How funny! I guess I never thought about it, even though I always seem to have sprouted potatoes in the house.

I am excited to hear of your gardening adventures. We have a very shaded backyard and a hilly front yard, so I only have room for just a few little things. You'll have to keep us apprised with pictures as it grows.
Denise said…
You crack me up. Love the idea of a garden!
Amber said…
That sounds just like something I would do. You will have to let me know how it goes. We are going to attempt to do one this year too. Wish me luck.

Popular Posts