A Tradition to Remember

For the last four years since we have moved here, we have claimed Thanksgiving Day as the day to celebrate with our family. Anyone and everyone is invited to come to our home and enjoy great food, fun games, and exciting entertainment. Doesn't that make you want to come over? :)

Rogers family has come over every year to celebrate this festive holiday with us. Moving closer to our families has even made it possible for other members of the family to come and be part of our family.

We made sure their was plenty to eat and stuff ourselves. The traditional Turkey, mashed potatoes, corn, rolls and pumpkin pie was presented at our table, but along came some new recipes I tried for the first time. The Maple-Glazed Sweet Potatoes and Apples was a huge hit along with the Christmas Crack that was devoured as soon as it came on the table. Thank you Salena!

With foods comes games, games, games, games....

...whether you are playing by yourself...

...or with a group, it was fun way to connect and laugh with others!
Even Caleb got in the mood to play a game or too. His favorite game right now is Pictureka! He loves playing that game ALL the time. In fact, I have hid it quite a few times so that we don't have to play it all the time. But then he gives me "the look" and being the sucker that I am, find the game and we play a quick game of Pictureka!
Of course, what isn't Thanksgiving if you can't watch a game on TV. Don't ask me who was playing, because I haven't a clue.
The rest of the pictures is pictures of the family creating memories.....
Emma and I...
Caleb and Roger...
Kirk, Mason and Maria...
Roger and Robert...
Jilena and Eva...
Blake, Emma and Mason...
Me, Maria and Jilena...
and a quick photo of the hosts...
To keep traditions going, these next pictures are for Sue and Paul.
Thank you for introducing this tradition to my family!!
We love you and miss you and hope you are doing well with your new baby boy!


Happy Thanksgiving!

Comments

Unknown said…
WOW, now I have tears streaming down my face. I am so happy that everyone could get together. How bitter/sweet I wish we could have been there with you guys too. We miss and love you guys. I suppose I can't really just get on a plane right now, but I wish I could. This post is very much an motivation for us to start saving for a summer trip to MN. Love you guys :0)
the mom~ said…
Looks like a fabulous Thanksgiving!!!
Lara said…
It looks like a wonderful day! I love all the fun pics capturing the fun and joy!
Lori said…
YAY!! Here's to family and awesome traditions. I'm so glad you had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Popular Posts