Today....
....is a good day.
Most of you who have the pleasure of being around my son Blake know that one of his biggest struggles are his meltdowns. These aren't those little temper tantrums you see kids do in the middle of the store. No, this is a full on-no holding back-every possible thing he can say or do outburst. (see previous blog)
We have been working on it, but it comes in bursts that you never know when its going to happen or sneak up on you.
I could see that Blake was starting to get upset about something, and I started preparing myself for another one once again, but then he stopped.
He stopped and calmed himself down and let it go. Blake, my son, Blake did it all himself with no help from me.
I was so proud of him! I gave him a big hug and told him how much I loved him.
Today is a good day!
Speaking of how much I love my children. I was driving in the car running errands, and my vocal three year old was screaming at me wanting something that I could not possibly give him at that very moment. I was trying to calm him down and told him to be patient and to wait for mommy. He wanted none of that.
So I said, (mumbling to myself) "you are such a booger."
Caleb: (laughing behind me), "Momma called me booger"
Good thing kids are so forgiving and loving to us!
Most of you who have the pleasure of being around my son Blake know that one of his biggest struggles are his meltdowns. These aren't those little temper tantrums you see kids do in the middle of the store. No, this is a full on-no holding back-every possible thing he can say or do outburst. (see previous blog)
We have been working on it, but it comes in bursts that you never know when its going to happen or sneak up on you.
I could see that Blake was starting to get upset about something, and I started preparing myself for another one once again, but then he stopped.
He stopped and calmed himself down and let it go. Blake, my son, Blake did it all himself with no help from me.
I was so proud of him! I gave him a big hug and told him how much I loved him.
Today is a good day!
Speaking of how much I love my children. I was driving in the car running errands, and my vocal three year old was screaming at me wanting something that I could not possibly give him at that very moment. I was trying to calm him down and told him to be patient and to wait for mommy. He wanted none of that.
So I said, (mumbling to myself) "you are such a booger."
Caleb: (laughing behind me), "Momma called me booger"
Good thing kids are so forgiving and loving to us!


Comments
And way to go Blakey!!!
:0)
Char, just for you information: remeber that massage certificate Paul game me for our anniversary? Well, I used it this morning and it was heavenly! Anyway I started having contractions shortly after, so we'll see how tonight goes, I'll keep you posted :0)