Thanksgiving chain....

I found this idea on Sugardoodle.info that I thought was worthy to pass along.
My family at the beginning of this month had a FHE lesson on gratitude. We seem to have this lesson periodically throughout the year. After the lesson, we each got a piece of paper and wrote down one thing we were/are thankful or grateful for.

Every day, we as a family, write down one thing and tape it together on our Thanksgiving chain.
I thought that my children would run out of ideas after a week, but so far they have been very excited and coming up with creative ways to be thankful.
We continue each day until Thanksgiving when we read off all the things that we are thankful for.
I'm hoping that my children will realize all that they are blessed with and to appreciate what they have.
"...to express gratitude is gracious and honorable, to enact gratitude is generous and noble, but to live with gratitude ever in our hearts is to touch heaven."
--The Divine Gift of Gratitude by Thomas S. Monson

Comments

Heather said…
What a GREAT idea! Thank you for sharing...perfect for next FHE!!!
the mom~ said…
that IS a very cool idea!!!
Lara said…
What a wonderful idea. I just included it in my FHE lesson I posted today and plan on trying it out with my kids!
Anonymous said…
I am thankful for you Char! This sounds like a good tradition to start :0)
RogCat said…
I love your posts, Char. They keep me in touch with you and Roger and the kids. God Bless.

Popular Posts