D.C. Tour...

I've been busy, so I'm a little behind on my blogs, but I didn't want to leave anything out.
On the same day we went to Glen Echo Park, we decided since we were so close to D.C. we would go check out the Memorials.
We haven't seen any of them, so this is our walking tour through three of them that day.
Our first stop was the Lincoln Memorial. As we approach the building, my kids noticed something very familiar to them.
What could it be?
It's the name of the fifty states surrounding the building, and look!!
MINNESOTA!!!
How we have missed Minnesota!! (not the winters)
We then head around the building, kids posing for the picture...

...and then heading up the stairs as quickly as possible to see Lincoln.
On the way up the stairs, people are taking pictures of the ground and I take a look to see what they see.
We then quietly (as quiet as my kids can be) walk inside.
It is so awesome and magnificent all at the same time.
Afterwards, we head down the stairs to see on the opposite side,
the reflecting pool.
Who doesn't think of the movie, Forest Gump, when they see the pool. Or any other movie for that matter.
As we head back to our van, we st0p and see the Korean Memorial. My children loved the way the statues are walking through the garden.

Apparently, it's a long walk back to the van, so we take a few moments to rest and enjoy the scenery.
The youngest needed to find a tree, I mean a bathroom so we found one hidden behind a nest of trees, The Franklin Delano Roosevelt Memorial.

That last picture was so not planned. As I get ready to take a picture of the family looking, Emma turns last minute and poses!! I think a friend of mine called it photo-jacked!!
That's ok with me, she's too cute to say no!
We didn't have time to head to the Thomas Jefferson Memorial as the sun was heading down, but we sure enjoyed our visit to the other Memorials.
We hope you did too!!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Wow, when are you going to run out of places to see there and blog about??? It looks warm there! What is it like 60? I am jealous! It is 22 right now and the high is 29 today. We got lots of snow yesterday so we are white now and I think it will stay this time. BBBBBrrrrrrrrrrr!!!
the mom~ said…
How awesome, I so badly want to see all of those things!!!
Oh today it's SNOWING! Suppose to get at least 6" :)
and it's chilly cold!
RogCat said…
Temp here in Minnesota at this midnight hour is 34 degrees. It drizzled all day. We are expecting 1-2 inches of snow by morning.

I, too, am amazed by the number of things to see in VA - - - and also the importance of what you are experiencing.
Lara said…
Looks like a fun day! I, for one, think that Emma's pose totally gives the picture a bit of personality. :)
roxann said…
very cool. I want to go there.

Popular Posts