Titanica

I forgot on my previous post that another place we had a chance to visit was the Science Museum again. We have thoroughly loved using our season pass their and this last exhibit was a great way to end our pass. We have already looked at next year's exhibits and their isn't much that the kids would be interested in.
Titanic exhibit is here until Jan. 2010 and with our season pass ending it was a must see. We weren't sure if the kids would enjoy it, but they loved it. We saw in the Omnitheater, Titanica, a journey to the bottom of the ocean to see the great Titanic.
Afterwards, we went inside the exhibit to see many artifacts from the Titanic.
Did you notice their are no pictures with this blog?
Apparently, no pictures are allowed to be taken. I didn't know this was some top-secret exhibit. Like no one has ever heard of Titanic or even watched the movie. Or has seen countless pictures, tv versions or documentaries about Titanic!!
Yeah, I was a little bugged by it, but it was really cool to see everything there. They give you a boarding pass of an actual passenger with their history and you walk through the exhibit until the very end and you see if you are an actual survivor or died in Titanic.
I was Mrs. Chapman, a newlywed, heading to America to start my new life with my husband. I was considered 2nd class and I got the feeling I wasn't going to make it.
I was right. I figured since she was a newlywed, she didn't want to leave her husband behind and decided to die with him. Doesn't that sound more romantic?
It was amazing to see dishes in great condition, jewelry, some clothes, and pieces of Titanic.
If you have a chance to see Titanic, I would give it two thumbs up and take the opportunity to see it. You won't be disappointed.

Comments

Lori said…
They have a similar exhibit in Idaho Falls right now. Jo went to it. She survived and was married to Uncle Matt....except he was the wife...so funny. They survived but who ever Lacey was didn't. Poor girl. Glad you are having fun!!

Popular Posts