Another visit from the Tooth Fairy

This morning Emma came to my room to inform me that her tooth was very, very loose. I asked her if she could pull the tooth off herself or twist it off. She said no and that she wanted ME to do it. I have never pulled any of my kids teeth out and the idea of it made me want to throw up!
But one look from her, and I knew that she wanted ME to do it. (Big sigh)
Here I go....
I wiggled, twisted, heard crunching, saw blood forming around the tooth (looked away, have a hard time with seeing blood), and snap the tooth came off.
I couldn't believe how brave Emma was. She just said "ow" and had her mouth opened the whole time. No crying or screaming...nothing. She did awesome.
As you can see in the picture above, she also has her permanent tooth coming behind her baby teeth, so this tooth needed to go. Luckily, I was able to do it instead of taking her to the dentist. Well, lucky for her, me...well, I really, really would not like to do that again!

Comments

Elizabeth said…
maddie lost her first tooth about two weeks ago!

i pulled hers out for her. :)
Lara said…
I hate it when my kids have super, loose dangling teeth. It makes me cringe every time.
Lori said…
At least she was tough about it. It's so much worse when they scream!!
the mom~ said…
Ugh, no thanks...I take my kids to Renae instead, LOL ;)
Nae said…
Emma seems so little to be losing her teeth! I'm proud of you, Char, for being as brave as your daughter. I got motivated to pull my kids' teeth after having to go to the dentist twice for Abby for her bottom baby teeth to be extracted. The roots never dissolved for her, so never got wiggly at all.
Kayleigh said…
I LOOVE pulling teeth out! Yay for the tooth fairy!!

Charlene- I'm not sure how else to get a hold of you. I think you're one of the allowed readers on my blog aren't you?

Well, I don't have your email address and just wanted to let you know that I am having this baby Thursday morning at 5 am. She will be going home with her family; some of the most amazing people I've ever talked to! I have started a new blog too- just dedicated to my story of adoption. I figured some of my family would be interested in keeping up with her story.

If you ever want to read, just shoot me an email and I'll get an invite right to you.

Love you guys.

Oh ya, my email is kayleighdumas@yahoo.com

Popular Posts