Finally an answer.....
For those of you who don't live near my neck of the woods, may not have heard of our decision about moving. Many of you know that Roger has decided to stay with St. Cloud for the next year and will be applying for work again this fall. What you may not know is the adventure we went through to get there.
If you remember back in February, Roger had turned down a job in Michigan because it wasn't meant to be. Then a few months later he received a year extension on his contract in St. Cloud. We decided that we were not going to be separated again and regardless if the house sells or not we will pack up our things in August and head down to be closer to Roger's work. I wanted our family to stay together. Then another job opportunity came up a month ago, and threw us into a whirlwind. We weren't sure which job to take since they were about the same in everything. So for the past month we spent stressing where we were going to work, live and raise our family. I was so confused and stressed and received no answers to which path to take. We would make one decision one day and the next day we decided on the other.
One morning I was reading an article about President Henry B. Eyring and his testimony about fasting and praying and following the promptings of the spirit. I turned to Roger and told him that I thought that we should fast and pray about this decision and that may help us figure out what to do. So we did and made our decision: We decided that we would take the St. Cloud job and move down there in the fall. The next day, however, felt different. I was still stressed and anxious and wasn't feeling the peaceful feeling that I thought that I would get when we made our decision. Roger felt the same way and we couldn't figure out why. After some more talking, pondering, and praying we finally came to the prompting....we are to stay here in Fergus Falls for another year. What? How can that be? How can that work out? Is it possible? Can we do it? Let's take a look and see.
We looked into our finances and Roger schedule and discovered it was possible. He will commute back and forth for three days of the week and then be home for the other two. It was much, much cheaper for us to do it that way then to pay for two house payments. He would be home with us every night and we would not be apart which I loved. We decided to take our home off the market and try again later.
After we made this decision, the peaceful feeling came to me, and I knew this is where our Heavenly Father wanted us to be. We love our home and this cute little town. We have wonderful friends we love dearly here and we are happy to spend more time with them. We have no idea what our future will bring us, but we do know that our Heavenly Father is watching out for us like he does for all of us here on earth.
If you remember back in February, Roger had turned down a job in Michigan because it wasn't meant to be. Then a few months later he received a year extension on his contract in St. Cloud. We decided that we were not going to be separated again and regardless if the house sells or not we will pack up our things in August and head down to be closer to Roger's work. I wanted our family to stay together. Then another job opportunity came up a month ago, and threw us into a whirlwind. We weren't sure which job to take since they were about the same in everything. So for the past month we spent stressing where we were going to work, live and raise our family. I was so confused and stressed and received no answers to which path to take. We would make one decision one day and the next day we decided on the other.
One morning I was reading an article about President Henry B. Eyring and his testimony about fasting and praying and following the promptings of the spirit. I turned to Roger and told him that I thought that we should fast and pray about this decision and that may help us figure out what to do. So we did and made our decision: We decided that we would take the St. Cloud job and move down there in the fall. The next day, however, felt different. I was still stressed and anxious and wasn't feeling the peaceful feeling that I thought that I would get when we made our decision. Roger felt the same way and we couldn't figure out why. After some more talking, pondering, and praying we finally came to the prompting....we are to stay here in Fergus Falls for another year. What? How can that be? How can that work out? Is it possible? Can we do it? Let's take a look and see.
We looked into our finances and Roger schedule and discovered it was possible. He will commute back and forth for three days of the week and then be home for the other two. It was much, much cheaper for us to do it that way then to pay for two house payments. He would be home with us every night and we would not be apart which I loved. We decided to take our home off the market and try again later.
After we made this decision, the peaceful feeling came to me, and I knew this is where our Heavenly Father wanted us to be. We love our home and this cute little town. We have wonderful friends we love dearly here and we are happy to spend more time with them. We have no idea what our future will bring us, but we do know that our Heavenly Father is watching out for us like he does for all of us here on earth.


Comments