An older brother proud!
Every morning our routine is the same.
Get the boys up and ready for school, stop Ethan from teasing his siblings, read our scriptures, stop Ethan from teasing his siblings, get snacks for school, stop Ethan from teasing his siblings, and send them out to the bus stop ten minutes early so I can stop Ethan from teasing his siblings.
This morning, Blake was up and dressed already and I asked him to wake up his older brother, Ethan. After a minute, I thought that this was probably not the best idea, and waited to hear the arguing and the yelling begin. I wait, but nothing. Hmmm, maybe I was wrong. No, I hear Ethan yelling at his brother and then a slamming door. Yep, that was not a good idea. Then I hear a pounding on the door. What is all that noise?
I run downstairs and Ethan is locked up in his room. His doorknob is switched so he can be locked in, but parents can't be locked out. I opened the door and asked him what was going on.
Ethan: "Blake locked me in my room!!"
Me: "Did you make him mad?"
Ethan: "No, he made me mad for waking me up!"
Me: "I didn't ask if he made you mad, did you make him mad?"
Ethan: "yes" and starts laughing
me: "Now you know why he locked you in your room, and you are laughing because he got you back"
Ethan: "yeah, that was pretty funny" (smiling proudly at his brother)
They get ready for school and they are laughing and playing with each other. This was a nice morning......spoke to soon...Ethan is teasing his sister, Emma!!
I told Ethan that he has two minutes to get his stuff out or I am shooing him out with whatever he has on.
Blake, laughing, "mom is going to shoot you Ethan if you miss the bus!"
me: "Blake, I didn't say shoot him I said shoo him out!"
Time to get to the bus stop!
Get the boys up and ready for school, stop Ethan from teasing his siblings, read our scriptures, stop Ethan from teasing his siblings, get snacks for school, stop Ethan from teasing his siblings, and send them out to the bus stop ten minutes early so I can stop Ethan from teasing his siblings.
This morning, Blake was up and dressed already and I asked him to wake up his older brother, Ethan. After a minute, I thought that this was probably not the best idea, and waited to hear the arguing and the yelling begin. I wait, but nothing. Hmmm, maybe I was wrong. No, I hear Ethan yelling at his brother and then a slamming door. Yep, that was not a good idea. Then I hear a pounding on the door. What is all that noise?
I run downstairs and Ethan is locked up in his room. His doorknob is switched so he can be locked in, but parents can't be locked out. I opened the door and asked him what was going on.
Ethan: "Blake locked me in my room!!"
Me: "Did you make him mad?"
Ethan: "No, he made me mad for waking me up!"
Me: "I didn't ask if he made you mad, did you make him mad?"
Ethan: "yes" and starts laughing
me: "Now you know why he locked you in your room, and you are laughing because he got you back"
Ethan: "yeah, that was pretty funny" (smiling proudly at his brother)
They get ready for school and they are laughing and playing with each other. This was a nice morning......spoke to soon...Ethan is teasing his sister, Emma!!
I told Ethan that he has two minutes to get his stuff out or I am shooing him out with whatever he has on.
Blake, laughing, "mom is going to shoot you Ethan if you miss the bus!"
me: "Blake, I didn't say shoot him I said shoo him out!"
Time to get to the bus stop!


Comments