Knit, knit, knit, knit.....
I realized that is has been a week since I last posted. If it weren't for my boys Blue and Gold Banquet you would have thought I had gone missing. At least, my next door neighbor thought so. I guess I have been such a hermit staying warm during the cold dark winter months, that my next door neighbor thought I had moved away. He saw me outside yesterday, and shouted, "She's outside, she made it outside!!" What a great neighbor!! I do love my neighbors
Anyways, as I was saying, the last few Saturdays I have been taking a knitting class. At first I didn't think that I was ever going to get the hang of it. I was stressing and sweating, and thinking that was not how I planned on spending my winter days. After some great help from Miranda and Heather, it finally clicked and I was set to go. Once I got the needles going, I kept on going.
My husband teases me that when I get started on a project I tend to be a bit obsessive about it and do too much. That is not always true. I know where the kids are...half the time. They are fed their meals (ramen noodles has 10% of their nutrient vitamins or was that -10%?) I remind him that I am home alone and when the kids go to bed, this has been a great help keeping me busy. I realized that since I started knitting, my days of the week have gone smoother and quicker. It has been a great blessing in my life.
Here are some of the things that I had worked on:
The scarf below is the first scarf that I made. You can see at the bottom of the scarf, it is wider than the rest. This is where Miranda and Heather helped me figure out the problem and then I was able to do the rest with no problems. I can also see where I was upset with my husband. Knitting and being upset with your hubby doesn't go well together, but it is a great story to share. Love ya sweetie!!!
The scarf above was the next scarf I made and I learned another stitch. I don't know if you can see the pattern of the two stitches that they taught me.
By then I was done learning about scarfs and ready to learn something new. They suggested dish towels, but I really didn't want to learn to make dish towels, maybe later. So I asked if I could do a hat. They found one for me and here it is:
It took me three times to figure it, but once again once I figured out the pattern, I was able to do it with no problems.
So now that my knitting skills are improving, I decided to take a risk and make a gift for someone. Who's birthday was coming soon.....hehehe...Sue's birthday.
Happy Birthday Sue, I hope you like it and enjoy it!!!






Comments
Just kidding....you are FABULOUS! You, Miranda, my mom....you have all left me in the dust! And it was MY idea to take the knitting class!!! I'm not having issues with this or anything....really. Seriously though....you really do ROCK! Yay for you! Oh, and Miranda really likes the scarf you made for Sue.