Bakken Museum

Whenever we head down to the cities and visit family, I try to take advantage of all the museums and activities the Twin Cities has to offer. We decided to go to the Bakken Library and Museum

It is a hands on museum about the uses of electricity and magnetism. May not sound too exciting, but when you have boys that love anything to do with Science, it is usually a big hit. We were not disappointed.
Some of the highlights of the museum:
Electric Shock Treatment- gotta have one of these in my home!!
The kids enjoyed shocking themselves with the machine
turning lots of cranks to make electricity. Who doesn't love turning things?
Testing your brain waves. This was a very interesting experiment. The object of this experiment is to relax and the one who can relax the most will be able to move the ball to their opponent and win.
Ethan's brain waves is on the left and mine is on the right. Apparently, he has a difficult time relaxing and you can see how active his brain waves are. We are not surprised.
After going through some experiments, we entered a room where they had a Frankenstein show. The older boys were excited to see Frankenstein, but I thought it was more of an informative story telling and told them that. I couldn't be more wrong....
The scene...
the audience- after the lights when out and thunder and lightening heard in the distance...
two scared girls running towards me; each sitting on both sides of me.
Towards the end of the show, out of nowhere this figure pops out of the wall, scaring all of us, and two little girls running out of the room while Caleb is telling me how scared he was.

I was wandering why would they put such a scary show for kids to see???

Oh!!!! If I had read that before the show started I would have known and not heard how scared they were the rest of the way home.
The older boys said they loved it and were glad we went. I am glad they enjoyed it; I couldn't say the same thing about the girls and Caleb.
I am thankful no one woke up in the middle of the night with monsters staring at them in the dark!!

Comments

Anonymous said…
That is too funny Char about the girls and Caleb. When did you go to this? I love to find new stuff like this to do that my kids haven't done before. Where did you say it was? I hadn't heard of it.
the mom~ said…
That looks totally awesome!!! My Ethan would love it! ;)
Lori said…
Ah...good times...
Lara said…
It looks like a fun place. My boys would love it too!
Nae said…
You did a great job capturing the museum moments! My girls would have pooped nickels in the Frankenstein exhibit as well. Plus, I am very curious what my own brain waves would look like... Probably, more like Ethan's than yours, I'm guessing. Enjoy your weekend!

Popular Posts