It's official.

It's official. We have snow and lots of it. We are to get at least 5 inches of snow today.
Get the snow shovels out, put the bike trailer away.
No more walks for me with the children.
Pull out the snow gear, get out the snowflake crafts, and bring on the hot chocolate.
Find the missing hats and gloves...
Find out who needs snowpants and boots...
Remind my son not to leave his snowboots on the bus again
Find a rug to place on my entryway so water, snow, and dirt doesn't track on my white floors magically by themselves.
Convince my two year old that mittens are essential to wear when we go outside
Prepare myself for a few months of sledding, shoveling, snowpeople making, snowball fights, and the urge not to leave my house till spring.

Comments

cinnamon said…
Where are the pics?? How much snow are you getting??
Lori said…
I'm so not ready for this...ick
Heather said…
It is pretty though, don't ya think?
Denise said…
ick. sorry kiddo.
Lara said…
My kids are insanely jealous. I, however, am not.
Anonymous said…
I do not envy you right now, we don't have any snow on the ground and it's just barely starting to get into the 30's here. You are right, it's official, you need to move here! :0) Cosmo is great, he just fits in great with our family. What did your kids think of him? Did you even tell them yet?
Fleming Family said…
I saw the storm coming your way...wishing we were getting a bit of it, but alas...none. I hope it doesn't get too icy for you. You know what's funny...if there's a possibility of snow here some schools close. Bunch of wusses! :) Lets get the snow on before we actually have to miss school for it! Good luck finding all those missing items and seeing what doesn't fit anymore! Enjoy that hot chocolate!!
Nae said…
I really wish this was the type of snow that would stick together so we could build a snowperson! How can fresh snow be so beautiful in December, but so annoying and tiresome in January, February, & March?? Sigh... Kippy has already lost one glove and keeps forgetting to bring her snowpants home from school. I have a hard time convincing her to zip her coat let alone to wear a hat and gloves all the time. If she had my circulation, she wouldn't possibly forget!
the mom~ said…
well said. Lets see...Ethan lost, but found his head covering thingy and we had to get him new snow boats tonight, he has officially outgrown his ones from last year. Oh he had to get a completely new snow suit too, the 4/5 was crunching his...well ya know! Poor kid, it was funny and sad at the same time! Winter is HERE and I'm tired of it already!
Let me know if you need anything while Rogers away, I'm glad to help!
RogCat said…
I can't figure out why my comments don't post. I had written that one of the beauties of Minnesota is the change of seasons.

How do people build a snoman when there isn't any snow? And by the way, "snoman" is a word just like "human." It does not mean a male made of snow, but a man (in the generic sense) made of snow.

On second thought - maybe my selection of words is why my comments aren't coming through. LOL
Kim said…
In other words I begin the mourning process. I will be grumpy till springtime!

Popular Posts