Got Snow??
... WIND CHILL WARNING IN EFFECT UNTIL NOON CST TODAY... ... BLIZZARD WARNING IS CANCELLED...
THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN GRAND FORKS HAS ISSUED A WIND CHILL WARNING... WHICH IS IN EFFECT UNTIL NOON CST TODAY. THE BLIZZARD WARNING HAS BEEN CANCELLED.
NORTHWEST WINDS OF 15 TO 30 MPH COMBINED WITH BITTERLY COLD TEMPERATURES WILL PRODUCE WIND CHILL TEMPERATURES OF 35 TO 50 BELOW ZERO THROUGH NOON.
THE WINDS HAVE DIMINISHED AND THE SNOW HAS ENDED SO VISIBILITIES HAVE IMPROVED GREATLY AND BLIZZARD CONDITIONS ARE NO LONGER EXPECTED.
A WIND CHILL WARNING MEANS THE COMBINATION OF VERY COLD AIR AND STRONG WINDS WILL CREATE DANGEROUSLY LOW WIND CHILL VALUES. THIS WILL RESULT IN FROST BITE AND LEAD TO HYPOTHERMIA OR DEATH IF PRECAUTIONS ARE NOT TAKEN.
So why am I outside? We called the city to see if they were going to pick up the garbage today, and they said yes. "I" had to go and shovel a path to the front of my house to push the garbage can through.

I am such a wimp and I was freezing cold. I had to take a lot of warm breaks to thaw out my fingers and feet. I had no gloves warm enough to endure this arctic breeze, and grumbling to myself cursing the city for changing their garbage truck route.
We have an alley behind our house and we were spoiled because we were one of the last alleys that had garbage picked up in the back. I never had to move my garbage can and I didn't have to worry about being late or shoveling snow. The nice gentleman came up to our alley, carried our garbage can to the truck and took care of the rest. It was so nice. I miss that:(

So here I am with the rest of neighbors digging and shoveling through at least a foot of snow making a path for our garbage can. My neighbor Al, came through like he does every winter and plowed our sidewalk so I didn't have to worry about that. Our other neighbor, Mike, will be bringing his bobcat to help us out the rest of the winter. I know I have great neighbors, they love us!
The kids school was canceled today and they are happy, but it is too cold for them to be outside. Ethan was a great helper and helped me shovel the snow.
I finally took some pictures of our snow, worthy of me being outside for my sister Cinnamon. When are you coming to visit?:)

I am hoping that others around here will take more pictures so I can show the rest of the world what is going on on our neck of the woods. Stay warm and think of warm thoughts for us.
THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN GRAND FORKS HAS ISSUED A WIND CHILL WARNING... WHICH IS IN EFFECT UNTIL NOON CST TODAY. THE BLIZZARD WARNING HAS BEEN CANCELLED.
NORTHWEST WINDS OF 15 TO 30 MPH COMBINED WITH BITTERLY COLD TEMPERATURES WILL PRODUCE WIND CHILL TEMPERATURES OF 35 TO 50 BELOW ZERO THROUGH NOON.
THE WINDS HAVE DIMINISHED AND THE SNOW HAS ENDED SO VISIBILITIES HAVE IMPROVED GREATLY AND BLIZZARD CONDITIONS ARE NO LONGER EXPECTED.
A WIND CHILL WARNING MEANS THE COMBINATION OF VERY COLD AIR AND STRONG WINDS WILL CREATE DANGEROUSLY LOW WIND CHILL VALUES. THIS WILL RESULT IN FROST BITE AND LEAD TO HYPOTHERMIA OR DEATH IF PRECAUTIONS ARE NOT TAKEN.
So why am I outside? We called the city to see if they were going to pick up the garbage today, and they said yes. "I" had to go and shovel a path to the front of my house to push the garbage can through.

I am such a wimp and I was freezing cold. I had to take a lot of warm breaks to thaw out my fingers and feet. I had no gloves warm enough to endure this arctic breeze, and grumbling to myself cursing the city for changing their garbage truck route.
We have an alley behind our house and we were spoiled because we were one of the last alleys that had garbage picked up in the back. I never had to move my garbage can and I didn't have to worry about being late or shoveling snow. The nice gentleman came up to our alley, carried our garbage can to the truck and took care of the rest. It was so nice. I miss that:(

So here I am with the rest of neighbors digging and shoveling through at least a foot of snow making a path for our garbage can. My neighbor Al, came through like he does every winter and plowed our sidewalk so I didn't have to worry about that. Our other neighbor, Mike, will be bringing his bobcat to help us out the rest of the winter. I know I have great neighbors, they love us!
The kids school was canceled today and they are happy, but it is too cold for them to be outside. Ethan was a great helper and helped me shovel the snow.
I finally took some pictures of our snow, worthy of me being outside for my sister Cinnamon. When are you coming to visit?:)

I am hoping that others around here will take more pictures so I can show the rest of the world what is going on on our neck of the woods. Stay warm and think of warm thoughts for us.


Comments
I hope it warms up for you soon!
Ah, but it makes us appreciate the Summer, even more - - - so God gets a few more "prayers" and then "thanks" from those who live here in the frigid North. There is a purpose in all that God does.
We only got about two inches of snow here in the cities (Andover). However, the temperature drop from 38 degrees to minus 2 in less then 24 hours.
love Minnesota Winters, and I drive to work every day under this conditions.
Love the pictures.