Andes and Scary Santa
It is that time for me to be very brave. Something that I was totally unprepared and hoping to put off for some time. It was forced on, because deep down I knew that I wouldn't be able to push myself to doing it.


Letting Ethan go on a ski trip ALL BY HIMSELF!
(sigh) I was very nervous to let him go. He is only 10 years old. Doesn't that seem so young to go off with your friends and have a fabulous time?
In our town, they offer an after school program for kids to go to a ski trip every Friday. 4th through 6th grade only have to pay $8 for the 45 minute bus ride to the slopes, ski rentals, snowboard rentals, ski lifts and ski lessons.
I talked with the person in charge and they told me about the bus rides, the chaperone's, the check-ins, and food provided. They are well taken care of.
Roger, of course, said yes, "He will have so much fun". I, on the other hand, was worried. Don't even get me started about the things that I can possibly think of in my crazy head.
I found out that three of his friends were going last Friday, and I talked with two moms to make sure how safe it would be. Last Wednesday, at 4pm, Ethan tells me I have to make a decision, because registration ends at 4:30 that day. Ahhh... I have to make a choice....yeah he went. He had so much fun. He came home at 10pm tired, exhausted and ready to go again next Friday. He loved every minute of it and learned so much.
Ethan is so brave and confident-totally opposite of me. He told me of course, that I wouldn't have made it pass the chair lifts.... he is right. He knows me too well.
Once I saw him safe at home, I was glad that he went and I was glad that he was safe. It is such a great deal that I know he is looking forward to Friday again when he can go skiing.
On a different note....Yesterday, the library had story time with a visit with Santa. I thought it would be fun for Caleb to see Santa....
...ah nope, all he kept saying was, "Scary Santa, scary Santa!"




Comments
Love ya. We would love to get together over the Christmas Break. Let me know if something works for you guys.
Amber
As far as Santa goes, I don't think any of my kids have liked him much in person.
Anyway, is the minimum age for motorcycles still 11? LOL