Our First Home

Last week we decided to sell our first home. I am going to miss my home. We have done a lot of work on it, and we hope the next family will take good care of it. We told the children that we were leaving, and the only concern (besides leaving their friends) they had was the garden. How were they going to eat the vegetables in the garden? I told them if we were still here, we will, if not, the next family will have some good vegetables to eat!

We decided that it was better for our family to be together than be separated when Roger starts working on his new job in a couple of weeks. We know this is short notice and the house market isn't improving, but have faith and trust that it will work out.

Since this is my first home, I decided to dedicate this blog to my home and document some of my favorite things about my home:

Maple tree-I love my maple tree. It provided great shade for our home and for our children as they climbed the tree or played on the swing.
My porch-I never did get around fixing my porch, but I loved sitting in here. I especially loved my squeaky farm-house porch door. It reminded me of an old farm house. I know, Roger thought I was crazy too.
As you walk in from the porch, this is the first room you walk into. I loved my maple floors. This is my place to sit and relax, to talk with my friends, or read a good book.
My dining room-I am finally done with this room. I had a great friend come in and help me decorate this room, and she did a fabulous job!! I will need to take a picture to remember how she did it.
My kitchen-I am still not a big fan of all the white, but I am still working on the decorating to help not make it so white!! (with the help of my friend of course)

My family room-made possible so crazy mom rarely comes out now! My favorite room and my children's favorite room too.



We hope that our next home will bring us as much joy as this home has. We look forward to our next adventure despite all the chaos of keeping a house clean thoroughly on a daily basis. We are happy that we will be together as a family, and we will be moving closer to family which everyone is excited about!










Comments

the mom~ said…
say what?!?!?! you're leaving us?? :( How sad for us but so ahppy for your family. We will miss you Charlene and family. I prya for a quick sale of your first home.
Anonymous said…
Get it just right, then sell it!!! I love the paint in the kitchen, I heard you couln't handle the gold?? It looks great. How's the paint on the stairs coming? Hee hee. Wish we could see it in person before it sells.
Lori said…
I am so sad you are leaving. I understand your need to keep your family together. It isn't right to lose so much Dad/Hubby time. I know this will work out for you.
Heather said…
Oh Charlene......DON'T GO!!!!
Okay, I already told you that I understand and support your family in your decision, but this is going to be hard. I am still in denial mode although I really want things to work out for your family. I know how hard it is to get things just how you want them and then it is time to go. I'll keep your family in my prayers. Can you go on a GNO tomorrow night? We've got to get a couple in before you leave!!!
Lara said…
It looks gorgeous! How sad to move away after getting it all so perfect. Good luck selling and moving!
Kim said…
WHAT!!!!!??????

Popular Posts