Ahhhhh...Virginia Beach.....
My family was born to live near the ocean. There is something magical about the beach...
..all the kids got along so well, no one was teasing or fighting. Everyone enjoying themselves in the water or
...in the sand..
Even Caleb ventured out into the water this time, until a wave knocked him off his feet and he went sailing towards the beach, which he stayed at most of the trip.
The weather was perfect and beautiful. It was a bit crowded, but we made sure everyone stayed in the same area so Roger and I could keep an eye out for them. Watching six children at the beach was not easy and I admire those with large families that make it seem effortless.We stayed at the north end of Virginia Beach which was perfect. This part of the beach was more for families while the south of the beach is where you would get the younger crowd, the bars, and the amusement park.
Afterwards, we walked on the boardwalk and as usual I tried to take a picture of the kids with the sun setting. I can never figure out what I do wrong with the picture.
nope, not a better picture, but Caleb sure looks happy.
Six of the thirteen grandchildren at the beach. I just found out my sister is finally having her girl after three boys!! Yay, another girl in the family!
My kids loved this statue of King Neptune, especially Caleb who kept wanting to climb on him which I repeatedly told him there is a sign that said not to. What is it with boys and climbing forbidden things??
As we continued our walk on the boardwalk, we discovered the many family friendly activities the beach offers for you. On Thursday or Fridays, they have a movie night right there on the beach. What a great idea! We will have to remember to bring blankets and popcorn next time. They also had games, a magic show and a laser show. As the kids were in bed sleeping away, I found Roger enjoying a book outside with the waves in the background splashing. What a relaxing way to the end the day.
This is the view from our hotel room that welcomed us the next morning. Love it!!
Whats a beach trip without walking and collecting seashells.......and getting wet while collecting seashells...
I will always take a picture of my hubby collecting seashells.
Its one of his favorite things to do on the beach with the children!
We spent the rest of the day enjoying the beach and for most of us getting a nice shade of red all over. No matter how much sunscreen we put on, it's inevitable. I was hoping for a darker shade of white, but instead my skin went for the redness. Caleb was the only one who was able to escape the curse of the white skin. He just got darker and darker as the day went on.
We walked on the boardwalk again that day and to our delight we found that they were having a Tribute to Rock and Roll Concert all weekend long. How exciting. The band above did a tribute to KISS in full KISS attire and afterwards Van Halen. Roger said they played very well. I, on the other hand, am not a big fan of either bands. Now if they played Bon Jovi, or Def Leppard or even Journey, I'm totally in!! (did that just give away how old I am?)
Three days at the beach is just not long enough. We want to spend a week, but that will definitely need some planning, some savings and some time. Ethan will like to go for his birthday since his birthday is on July 1 in which he will turn the big 13!!!!! But, that I will save for another day!!


Comments
Question: Why do I have to turn my computer on its' side to view some of your pictures? Just curious. (I end up rotating them back when I copy them for my album.)