U.S. Capital

Since Ethan had an ortho appt. and missed school, we decided to head to D.C. again and visit the U.S. Capital. This is to fulfill Ethan's Citizenship of the Nation merit badge for Boy Scouts!

It was a great day to be in Washington.

My kids saw some people at the narrow point of the capital and thought they were snipers watching out for them.
Instead, they were tourists having a private tour of the capital. They must have known some very important people.
In line waiting for the tour to start. It wasn't too busy, but we heard that tourist season is upon us so if we want to see some museums we better hurry soon!
Each of us listening to the tour guide as we walk from room to room.....
It was so beautiful and inspiring. I have learned so much living here about the history of our country!! I have enjoyed seeing all the museums, landmarks, and homesteads that are available to us so far.
I have a big list of sites to see this year that I'm looking forward too!!
By the way, candy is considered food and they will ask you to throw away your unopened, most favorite candy in the world in the garbage!!
My children were so not happy about that!!

Comments

Lara said…
Yay for taking advantage of a good opportunity to skip school. I've always heard that a good field trip can be worth weeks and weeks of learning!
Unknown said…
Looks like a cool place to visit. Would so not like the lines though. Weather looks good, not cold :0) Ceiling is awesome!
Fleming Family said…
What a great experience for you all! I'm so sad we didn't get a chance to come visit before we moved!

Popular Posts