Pinwheels, triangles and squares, oh my!!
Today was the second day for our Quilting series. Unfortunately, I missed it due to a prior commitment, but lucky for me they were discussing half triangles that I knew how to do already.
My first nine square patch

Like three of my points match, but apparently I missed one and didn't cut the last triangle straight. But, I sure love the look of the pinwheel patch!!
My first nine square patch
I discovered that I have a real hard time deciding how to arrange the squares. I'm not very good at putting things together, but I'm learning.
Other things that I have learned in quilting:
- I know how to find 7/8 on the ruler (I know, shocker, coming from a college person. But in my defense, seriously who uses 7/8 in their daily lives???);
- the word "scant" in quilting terms and
- how important measuring and cutting your material as straight as you possibly can!!
Like three of my points match, but apparently I missed one and didn't cut the last triangle straight. But, I sure love the look of the pinwheel patch!!
I've decided today that I will be making a doll quilt for my project. I know, big surprise since I make everything for my little girl!!


Comments