New York City.....
My first time in New York City and
I LOVED IT!!!
A friend of mine asked me if I wanted to go with her to New York.
Immediately I said yes!!
However, I was bet nervous about visiting there, but I knew I was safe with my fabulous friends who had already experienced The Big Apple!
We found a bus, The Bolt Bus that took us to New York for $17.00!! I couldn't ask for a better deal!!
We were set to go for our adventure!!
It dropped us off right by Madison Square Garden and the Macy's store...
The tourist thing to do was take pictures everywhere!!!
Then we walked to our hotel, The Grand Hyatt, which gave me this view of new York....
and this...
We were told we needed to eat at Magnolia Bakery, so we found it at the Grand Central Station by our hotel...
...to eat one of these!!! (I did buy my new camera for the trip and didn't learn how to use it before then)
Then we started walking towards Rockefeller Center...
...which is by the St. Paul Cathedral..
and the ice skating rink....
Group photo...it was very cold and windy. I did not dress warm enough and had layered everything that I owned to keep myself warm.
We walked to the Radio City Music Hall...
and kept walking until we realized we were at Central Park. So we thought, since we were here we might as well keep walking...
The view from inside Central Park. It was amazing to see the skyline of New York City from this quiet park.
This part of the park is a scene from the movie, Enchanted. Apparently, my friends just realized that I like to watch A LOT of movies because I kept making movie references to everything we saw. They didn't know that Tom Hanks played the piano on the movie, BIG in FAO Schwartz!!!
Since they knew that I like watching the TV show, Friends, they took me to the fountain that is in the beginning credits of the show!! I know, they love me!!
Then we made it Strawberry Fields and my friend, Kastell, shared with us the story behind the John Lennon memorial.
We finally exited out of the park and realized since we made it this far, we might as well go and see Julliard and the Manhattan Temple. After ten blocks going the wrong way and coming back the ten blocks we finally made it.
Since we made it this far, we decided to head back to Times Square. The great debate was to walk back or take the Subway. I was a bit apprehensive about riding the Subway at night so we decided to walk.
My photo tour of walking towards Times Square....
After walking back to Times Squares, we ate at Planet Hollywood and visit some friends and went back to the hotel by midnight!! We were so exhausted but had so much fun. I calculated our walk around the town and we walked eight miles that day!! No wonder my back hurt!!
The next day, after some slow moving we decided to take the Subway and headed to...
...yes I did make a movie reference.
We were told to come here to eat one of these...
...a frozen hot chocolate!!
We thoroughly enjoyed it!! My recommendation for this place is if you plan to go here, get a reservation first or be prepared to stay there for two hours!!
Afterwards we headed to Union Square to the Farmers Market, more shopping and more food to eat!!
I had so much fun! I'm so thankful that we were able to do this and I got to experience New York City. We had so much fun talking about it on our way back home that we got in trouble from the bus driver for "talking too loudly ladies"!!! LOL!!!
I'm ready to go next month....who's with me???? :)


Comments
I Enjoyed the pictures and the narration. Maybe someday you will be into making movies of your travels? Love, Dad