My name is.....

...Charlene and I am a Craiglist addict.
I didn't look much in Craiglist ever since I read about the Craiglist Serial Killer and quite frankly was afraid to even look.
However, my friends out here have bought numerous items from the list and have lived to tell about it!
So last December five days before Christmas, my daughter hands me her Christmas list and as I read it I noticed she added one more item to her list......
American Girl doll Kit!!
I didn't want to get her the doll, but at the same time she had such a great argument about why her doll Ruthie needed her best friend. (of course she is my only girl and that alone is enough for me to almost always say yes!)
So as I'm sitting there back and forth deciding if it's worth it to get the doll, I start looking on Ebay.
The price that people were willingly to pay for a used doll, I might as well have gotten her a new doll.
So then I decided to go on Craiglists and see what my options were there.
I couldn't believe the choices I had there! I found so many clothes for her doll and I actually found a Kit doll for a great price two days before Christmas!!

...and the smile on my daughter's face....priceless!!

Now that I knew where to look for great deals, I was on a mission.
Next I went searching for some couches that I needed for the kids family room. Nothing too fancy, but strong enough for my kids to play on!
Lucky for me, living in this area, everyone moves all the time, especially if they are in the military.
For me that means, great prices and deals on gently used items....
thus this sectional couch for my kids.....

Now, I'm looking for a freezer.....
I know, I know.....I love great deals! I'm a sucker for sales and my friends have introduced me to a place called Unique out here!! I'm in big trouble!

Comments

Lara said…
I haven't gotten too into Craigslist yet, but with deals like that I might have to check it out.

By the way, we LOVE Unique!
the mom~ said…
Fargo/FF sucks! Nasty, old stuff I wouldn't even take for FREE! Wish I could deals like yours!!!

Popular Posts