Learning something new....
Warning: Pictures are getting worse!!!
When I lived in Minnesota, one of my favorite things to do during a blizzard was to pull out the sewing machine and make something. I made purses, blankets and dresses. Then a good friend of mine invited me to take a knitting class and I started working on knitting and crocheting projects and the sewing machine took a back seat.
Since moving here, there isn't much snow let alone a blizzard (this year) so when we had our three day snow day, I brought it out and wanted to make something!
Emma and I decided to make dresses for her dolls and we had so much fun! We found the pattern at www.youcanmakethis.com Love this site!!

They look much cuter no thanks to my camera! We made two reversible dresses and a reversible skirt for her dolls.
I enjoyed it so much that when I found out in our church that they were going to start a Quilting Club, I was there.
The teacher was amazing! She has us taking a six series course on learning how to make a quilt.
Yesterday she started with making blocks.

Those are my blocks that I made!! I couldn't believe how easy it was! For our homework assignment, we are to make it into a nine block patch. I have a few more to make, but it was fun and stressful all in one. I didn't realize how much measuring was involved!! She said that if I was daring enough I could practice making triangles!
Hmmmm......a challenge!! I love me a challenge!
When I lived in Minnesota, one of my favorite things to do during a blizzard was to pull out the sewing machine and make something. I made purses, blankets and dresses. Then a good friend of mine invited me to take a knitting class and I started working on knitting and crocheting projects and the sewing machine took a back seat.
Since moving here, there isn't much snow let alone a blizzard (this year) so when we had our three day snow day, I brought it out and wanted to make something!
Emma and I decided to make dresses for her dolls and we had so much fun! We found the pattern at www.youcanmakethis.com Love this site!!
They look much cuter no thanks to my camera! We made two reversible dresses and a reversible skirt for her dolls.
I enjoyed it so much that when I found out in our church that they were going to start a Quilting Club, I was there.
The teacher was amazing! She has us taking a six series course on learning how to make a quilt.
Yesterday she started with making blocks.
Those are my blocks that I made!! I couldn't believe how easy it was! For our homework assignment, we are to make it into a nine block patch. I have a few more to make, but it was fun and stressful all in one. I didn't realize how much measuring was involved!! She said that if I was daring enough I could practice making triangles!
Hmmmm......a challenge!! I love me a challenge!


Comments