Among the brave.....

Family genes.....
Some you would love for your children to have....
and some not so much.
I know I'm to blamed for the small jaw and the costs it would take to fix their teeth....all four of them I was told by the dentist.
I know that my son, Ethan, has glasses, is allergic to cats and everything outside, and sarcasm....all came from me.
But one thing I know that didn't come from me are...........warts.
These aren't your common warts that wart medicine from Target can cure. These are stubborn warts that no matter what you do, they will keep on coming.
First time that we noticed that these super warts weren't going away was Ethan getting one on the oddest spot.....his elbow. We had to take him in and have it cut and seared off so it wouldn't grow back. It hasn't since we've done that and I thought that was it. But no sooner, Blake started getting them and now my sweet Emma has them.
They started on one finger and then it started to spread to another finger and somehow magically landed on her thumb!! Roger tried about a year to remove these little buggers with every trick and secret that someone gave us on the removal of these warts. None of them worked.
We went to our last resort and took her to Skin Care specialist to see if they could remove them.
This is the face of a brave girl. Her brothers do not like to hear how brave she is and that she doesn't even cry when she has to do something that is painful or uncomfortable. (She gets that from me :)).......heeheehee...kidding!
They looked at her fingers and said that they will have to freeze the warts off. If you ever had that done, I am told that it burns and it will hurt. She had to have two treatments and then they put some medicine on top of that that I have to remember to clean off after an hour and half or it will burn and blister her fingers.
After three weeks, the wart sludges off. For most common warts, it usually takes one treatment, but when you have super powerful stubborn warts.......well, it was not going to be easy taking her back.
We took her today and the Dr. said her fingers looked good, but the warts were still their. So Emma, once again, had to go through another two treatments of liquid nitrogen burning her warts and the same medicine to kill any remaining of the warts that the liquid nitrogen missed.
She wiggled, and she whimpered, but she held on. She did a fabulous job of enduring another painful experience.
I am so proud of her. She is so brave!

Comments

Denise said…
holy smokes..she is SUPER brave. Way to go!

Girls are ALWAYS tougher thank boys.
Lori said…
That is one tough little girl you have there. I have had super warts before. They hurt SO bad to have removed. Give her a high five for me!!
Kim said…
Okay the family trait of bravery is not from her mother. The woman who still holds a grudge against my husband for promising no shots!!

Emma I am so proud you could be so brave!!!
Falla said…
Actually she is brave just like her daughter, when it comes to handling her own pain I know I'm her mom.
Emma, happy to hear how brave you are, you are strong little girl love you:)
Lara said…
Your little Emma has seriously one of the cutest faces ever! I love her smile!
Nae said…
WTG, Emma!! You are the bravest of the brave. Such a great example for your siblings, too! I had one removed from my toe and I know it made my eyes water. OUCHIE!!

Popular Posts