The Answer....
After several days of trying to figure out what could have caused this disturbance in our yard. The answer came to us last Saturday.

Here is a closer look. I personally, did not know turkeys can fly. They flew from that tree and landed on that spot next to the pole barn, and then walked over to these trees. So if you saw little tracks on the snow that is why.

My kids kept telling me that the turkeys were in the trees and I dismissed them thinking that I did not hear them correctly. But when they had me turn and actually look at the tree, their they were and then they flew to our yard before I had a chance to get a picture of them.
If you said, "a bird" you were on the right track....
If you said, a "big ole bird" you were closer to the answer.....
You see that tall tree behind the tree in front of you?
Well, apparently.....
these birds can fly!
Yep, those are wild turkeys...

Here is a closer look. I personally, did not know turkeys can fly. They flew from that tree and landed on that spot next to the pole barn, and then walked over to these trees. So if you saw little tracks on the snow that is why.

My kids kept telling me that the turkeys were in the trees and I dismissed them thinking that I did not hear them correctly. But when they had me turn and actually look at the tree, their they were and then they flew to our yard before I had a chance to get a picture of them.
It was pretty cool to see that.
Just one of the perks of living out in the country.
The scenery is always changing.



Comments