A Toddler's guide.....

....to getting what you want and then some.
I have discovered that my two year old has some skills that I would like to share. I'm not sure if it's because he is the youngest or he is super suuuave, but man in retrospect I can't believe how well he can get what he wants. So for all those trying to figure out a way to get what you want, take a look at my sons Jedi- mind force be with- you skills.....
Rule #1 If at first you don't succeed, try, try again.
This is a very important rule, especially if you don't like the answer you get the first time. Often times when Caleb asks for something and doesn't like the answer he some how stills figure out a way.
Example: Mom, mom can I have a cookie?
me: (distracted)yes, after lunch.
Caleb: ok, and grabs the cookie
Rule #2 Reassurance is the key
Somehow when Caleb tells me its ok when he is doing something naughty, he seems to think that I am still ok with it.
Example:
Me: Caleb stop crumbling your cereal in the car.
Caleb: Mommy, it's ok. I'm ok, nothing is wrong.
Me: Caleb stay in the backyard
Caleb: Mommy, it's ok, it's ok I saw the tractor on the road (when he went to the front of my house)
Rule #3 Use ANY means whenever possible
Often times Caleb will yell, or hit and he knows he can't get what he wants that way, so when he starts talking rational with me, I usually can't argue with him.
Me: Caleb we need to have you start going potty in the toilet
Caleb: nope, its dangerous
(he still uses that one on me)
Me: Caleb don't climb on the banister
Caleb: Mommy, I being careful, I will not fall
Rule#4 A hug and a kiss can go a long way
He pretty much can get away with anything when he gives me one of his bear squishy hugs and sighs in contentment on my lap.....(big sigh) I just melt all over.
(It also works great on husbands too:))
Rule#5 If Rules don't work in your favor see Rule #1
I pretty much realize that I am the softy after reviewing these rules with you. After all, can any one of you say no to this face?

Comments

Unknown said…
That is too cute!!! It must be a youngest child thing or something. Or maybe we as parents have really learned how to pick our battles :) Christian is also potty training, and it is going about that good with him too. No, auntie Sue cannot say no to that face :)
Lara said…
Are you sure it's not those big gorgeous brown eyes that turn you into mush? He is a seriously good looking little guy (and smart too).
the mom~ said…
Yep, sounds like Abram :)

Popular Posts