1st Day of School....

Today was Ethan and Blake's first day of school. We drove them to school today and I was preparing myself to leave them at the school and have them walk up to the building themselves, but instead BOTH boys asked me to come inside and walk them into their class. I LOVE MY BOYS!! I was so happy and tickled inside, but at the same time in a more controlled voice, "Only if you want me too!!"

I walked Blake into school first talking with him to make sure he was fine and that he had everything. We got to his class, he gave me a side hug and walked quietly in. I kept looking back to see if he needed anything, but he kept his head high and paid attention to his teacher.

Then I walked Ethan to his school and we headed to his locker to put all his stuff into the locker. After several attempts to open the locker and a constant reminder to "Choose the Right" (to remember which way to turn the lock), he finally was able to do it without getting frustrated. We headed to the gym where he was to meet the rest of the sixth graders for an assembly, and I too received a side hug from him.

Two public hugs!!! I don't know who needed it more; me or my boys! As I walked out of the school, I left with a big sigh and a silent prayer in my heart that my boys will be taken care of.
I'm sure they will be fine and I'm just a little, a little anxious... but boy am I looking forward to the time they will get home and tell me about their fun-filled day!
Later....
I'm happy to report that both boys are safe and sound, made friends, and enjoyed their first day of school!!

Comments

Unknown said…
That is awesome! I am glad you guys had fun and made friends. I am also looking forward to Emma's first day post. Kindergarden and your only girl!!! Will there be tears??? Big hugs to all the brave nephews/cousins!!!!
Lori said…
YAY!! You made it!! I knew they would be fine but us Moms have a tough time on the first day in a NEW school. Sheesh. Cut yourself some slack, sistah! You ROCKED the day. Well done.
the mom~ said…
Yah!!! Awesome...my Ethan no longer gives PDA's :( Abram...that will forever...at least I hope! Glad to hear it went well!

Popular Posts