Believe, Hope and Endure.....

Every four years, our church does a re-enactment of the Pioneers that trek across the country.
This year, our ward did their trek in the hot month of June!
Truthfully, my boys were not excited to go.
It's too hot, the pioneers never had to trek in Texas, why do we have to wear Pioneer clothes???
Needless to say, I was worried that they were going to be miserable during this trek experience.  I heard it is a great experience and prayed that they would enjoy themselves!
Prayers were answered!!
The boys had a great time!
They loved every moment of this experience!
They loved their families they were with!
They said it was hot the first day, but it rained the next few days and it helped a lot!
Even though their tents were completely soaked and their clothes were soaked and they had to push hand carts through mud and water, that did not bring their spirit down!
They enjoyed the whole experience and are looking forward to going again!
I wasn't there, but thankfully others took pictures of my boys during their trek experiences!
 I love how they made the picture and the families look like they did back in the 1800s!














Comments

Lara said…
Our stake just finished our Trek youth conference as well and it was amazing to hear almost that same story over and over again. So many of the youth were sooooooo nervous about it, but it ended up being a wonderfully meaningful experience. It's actually Cami's favorite of our stake's rotation of four different youth conferences. And next time anyone complains, I'll make sure to mention to the youth in Texas who probably walked in temperatures 10-20 degrees warmer than ours!

Popular Posts