planned on....
I love fall. I get so excited for all the wonderful things that goes along with fall. We have family traditions of going to corn mazes, pumpkin patches, and apple orchards. We plan FHE night of Halloween stories and pumpkin carvings. We go on hayrides through spooky forests and make Halloween cookies.
(BIG SIGH)...
According to my children this year, I am the meanest mom around, because for the last four years we have been here, we have done these fall festivities. This year, my children kept asking me when we were going to do it, when are we going, and how come we haven't gone yet?
THE TOP 5 REASONS WHY WE HAVEN'T GONE YET...
5. I planned on going to the corn maze, but it rained. (who wants muddy kids in their home)
4. I planned on taking them to the pumpkin patch and apple orchards, but it was snowing that day.
3. I planned on getting their pumpkins for FHE last Monday, but I forgot and today is Thursday and no pumpkins yet.
2. I told them to forget about the hayrides and spooky forests when its in the high 30s and low 40s.... (seriously, would you go?)
1. For some reason, beyond my powers and control (true story), we had something planned every single Saturday this month which made it hard to get anything done!
So with this looming in my head, what is a mom to do?
With my miracle magic mommy powers and with two days left of Halloween...
to be continued....
(BIG SIGH)...
According to my children this year, I am the meanest mom around, because for the last four years we have been here, we have done these fall festivities. This year, my children kept asking me when we were going to do it, when are we going, and how come we haven't gone yet?
THE TOP 5 REASONS WHY WE HAVEN'T GONE YET...
5. I planned on going to the corn maze, but it rained. (who wants muddy kids in their home)
4. I planned on taking them to the pumpkin patch and apple orchards, but it was snowing that day.
3. I planned on getting their pumpkins for FHE last Monday, but I forgot and today is Thursday and no pumpkins yet.
2. I told them to forget about the hayrides and spooky forests when its in the high 30s and low 40s.... (seriously, would you go?)
1. For some reason, beyond my powers and control (true story), we had something planned every single Saturday this month which made it hard to get anything done!
So with this looming in my head, what is a mom to do?
With my miracle magic mommy powers and with two days left of Halloween...
to be continued....


Comments