His freedom card...
As we get more and more into the school year, my son has been enjoying the freedoms of middle school. He loves the changes in classes and teachers. He loves having a locker to put his things in---
(an FYI, 6th grader boys do NOT think its cool to decorate their lockers with mirrors and cutesy compartments to put your things in!)
He loves playing in band and hanging out with his friends, but his most favorite thing right now is...
His ID card...his ticket into the middle school world of activities, games, and festivities!
Sorry, I can't figure out how to turn the picture.
Isn't that a great picture? He actually smiled nice in it. He carries it around all the time like an FBI badge ready to flip it out to anyone who wants to see his ID.
I started reflecting about my own experience and time when I was in junior high and I did NOT have the same feelings as he did. I was picked on, I hated how big the school was, and I was shy and insecure. I dreaded going to school and I couldn't wait to get out of junior high and head for bigger things....like high school. It wasn't until I was in the eighth grade when someone asked me to join the cross country team that I found my place in my junior/high school years.
So not to embarrass my son with his ID, which I'm sure he's not, I've decided to show my.....
...husbands 6th grade picture....
...and mine too!! Yep, that's me....





Comments