Piano Recital

On May 1, Blake had his first piano recital. He and other students came to the Pioneer Nursing home where they demonstrated their talents to the audience there.

My son was very nervous as you can see in the picture above. (couldn't even smile for me) It turned out that their was a bigger crowd than I anticipated. I did remind him, that most of them couldn't hear him play and not to worry about making any mistakes. I was getting nervous for him. I was nervous that he might change his mind and walk out the door if he set his mind to it, but I was wrong (thankfully).

When he was called up for his performance, he went up and sat down and played beautifully his two songs. He didn't even stop playing when a canary started singing along with him while he was playing Twinkle Twinkle Little Star.
Afterwards, I got my Blake dimple smile when he finished his two pieces without any mistakes!!


Here were the group of kids that performed that day with their teacher, Vanessa.


Will Blake continue playing? I don't know. He did tell his piano teacher that he was going to throw his piano books in the garbage and never touch the piano again.
At least he's thinking about it!!

Comments

the mom~ said…
Yah...WTG Blake!!!
Nae said…
Good job, Blake! Blake, stick with it, you will never regret mastering the piano!!
Lori said…
Good job, man! Kevin wishes he knew how to play the piano. Jo wishes she'd stuck with it too. Don't give up!
Vanessa said…
Blake, you did a wonderful job and I am really proud of you! :) Even with those birds singing so loudly, you continue to play and impress me. I would suggest you do whatever you can to keep with piano. It is such a gift. :)

Charlene-Couldn't you find a different picture of me without my eyes closed?!? Hehe! ;)
Lara said…
What an awesome idea to have a piano recital in a nursing home. Every year our piano teacher struggles finding a place to hold it and this year I'm going to suggest this very idea!

PS Good job Blake!
Kim said…
Way to go Blakey!! I am so proud of how much he has grown! Good job Char!

Popular Posts