Memorial Day
We woke up this morning with rains, winds and cloudy skies. I had planned on a family hike up to Inspiration Peak and was disappointed that we were not going to make it.

Blake and his favorite thing to do....climb trees...

... and cute little Caleb giving me a dandelion.
By the afternoon, their was a break, and Roger and I decided to take a chance and head out east to the peak and see how far we could go before the rains came back.
It was a beautiful drive. I forgot how beautiful the rolling hills came by, the many trees that surrounded the fields, and the gorgeous lakes with white-capped waves waving at us as we went by.
We arrived at our destination with no rains so far. So we hiked up Inspiration Peak. It is our first time there and I have always wanted to go and see what it's like. It's the second highest peak in Minnesota and it was breathtaking.


Caleb did very well climbing up the steep hill all by himself and the children enjoyed being at the top,


Caleb did very well climbing up the steep hill all by himself and the children enjoyed being at the top,
but some disturbing dark clouds were headed our way so they were anxious to get home.
Stopped for a quick picture of the kids...
Ethan's attempt at the water pump...

Blake and his favorite thing to do....climb trees...

... and cute little Caleb giving me a dandelion.
As we drove home, we stopped at an ice cream place in Battle Lake and discovered massive amounts of candy everywhere. If you know our family, you know we can never say no to sweets. So each child received an ice cream treat and of course some candy on the drive home. Caleb even found some more candy on the floor he was proud to eat.
We made it home and I asked Roger if he could grill some food for us before the rains came. He finished just in time of the first rain drop. I was so happy that we were able to enjoy our day despite the weather conditions.











Comments