I am thankful for......

......bottled water.
......being prepared, 
......my hubby's infinite knowledge of things
........lessons in life!!
So a certain "someone" pulled into the garage and accidentally knocked the PVC pipe out!!
Water rushing out everywhere!!
Roger ran to the water valve to shut the water and to assess the damage.
We needed a new pipe.
Which means no water.
No problem!
It should take a couple of hours and we will have water again!
Nope!!
It took Roger almost all day to fix the pipe.
The kids were wondering how they were going to brush their teeth, flush the toilet, and wash their hands.
I walked them to our storage room and showed them the water bottles that we had stored there.
We had a talk on the importance of being prepared for any kind of emergency.
I was grateful I was prepared with bottled water on hand.
Blake even commented that he didn't realize how much we rely on water for a lot of things.
Good observation.
I started asking myself questions.
Did we have enough water for the family?
What other storage units can we store water in?
How easily can we move the water if we needed to leave?
Should we look into getting a rain barrel? (kids asked about that one!)
Even though we were prepared for this kind of crisis, it did teach us that we could be better prepared!
I'm curious to know what others have used to store their water?

Comments

Unknown said…
re-use plastic 2 liter size soda containers. We have a ton of those in our water storage. I like to invest in water purifiers as well because you can travel with them and get as much fresh water as you want with a good purifier.

Popular Posts