One Year Y'all.......

Yeah... I can't pull off that Texan saying yet.
Even my friends here say I still sound like a northerner.
Give it time.
I can't believe it has been a year since we have moved here to the great state of Texas.
When we were planning to find our new home, we didn't even bother looking in the south.
Why?? Because it's stinking hot down here!!
We didn't know what to expect when we moved down here. We just knew this was where we needed to be and this place would be our home.
Home. A happy word.  A place were we can call home.
It's been a year now.  We love living in Texas.  We survived our first summer here and I'm happy to report that I could do it again.  Of course, it helped to leave for a month during the summer!!
Anyways, we decided to make this place our home.  So excited about the decision, that we decided to buy the house we were renting.  We went through the whole buying process, pre-approval for the loans and finally agreed on a price for the home.
We were on our way!  Little did we know a big surprise was heading our way.
We decided to visit our mortgage broker and give him all our paperwork that he needed.
He looked over the paperwork and to our big surprise, he did not know that Roger was self-employed.
For those who are, you know where I am heading.
If you are self-employed, you need to be for two years.  They will NOT give you a loan unless you have two years of self employment history.  We did not know this.  Roger and I looked at each other. What did we feel?  We felt fine, at peace. No anxiety. No tears. No anger. Tell us what to do.  Get out of our home purchase agreement he said.  Thank goodness this happened during our option period.
So we did. We were sad, but felt like this was what needed to be done.
We asked the owners if we could rent another year. They said no.  They wanted to sell their home.  It was a sellers market.  I understood completely, but that meant we had to move.....again......and again in a year once we found "our home".
The very next day, a house across the street went up for rent.
What are the chances that you would find a house to rent in the same neighborhood, let alone the same street so your kids can stay in the same schools?  An answer to a prayer definitely.
Long story short, we moved in last weekend and the old house is up for sale if anyone is interested!!
The only downside of this whole experience is that I have to tell people to pull out the white out and write down a new address which is only temporary until we find our new home.
We know with all our heart, our Heavenly Father is watching over us.  Maybe their is a better home for us out there.  I know as we prepared for our move to our new home, the other home was starting to show cracks in the ceilings and in the floor.  We had our construction friend come look at it and he said that it had structural and foundation issues.  He said it was probably a good thing we didn't buy the home since that would have cost a lot to repair!!
A tender mercy....we are being taken care of.  Coincidence?  We don't believe in coincidences.  We know that we have prayed and asked for guidance we will receive answers to our prayers.  Sometimes not even the answers that we expect or want.  But we know that our lives are better because we listen and obey.
We are in our new home now.  It has been a crazy couple of months, but we are settled and we are happy.
In a few months, we will look again for our home here in the great state of Texas!
In the meantime, now that the weather is getting cooler, we will once again explore new places, visit new cities and hopefully see old friends that have moved our way!!

Comments

valerie said…
I can't believe it has been a year! I am glad you guys feel at home and things are going well. Bummer about the house..
the mom~ said…
Yeee-Hawwww Glad you were able to see the silver lining in it all! Blessings to you all! I hear Texas is a great place to live...if you don't love winters ;)
I'm so happy you're here!!! Your son is an answer to my prayers!!

Popular Posts